Sunday, October 3, 2010

All About You...Soo Artist Questionnaire Part 3


Pamela Valfer:

1. What is your first art related childhood memory?
2 memories
1) My parent's coffee table book of Norman Rockwell's work - I would seriously stare at it for hours.
2) My mom bringing me to the MIA when we moved to Minnesota when I was 7 and sitting me down in front of Rembrant's Lucretia painting and telling me the story behind it. Intense.

2. As an artist, who is your biggest influence?
They are many and varied and always changing.
Mike Kelley
Tom Friedman
Joseph Beuys
Maurizio Cattelan


3. What did you listen to in the studio while creating this show?
It varies - everything from classical to Radio K to my CD collection, which I have about worn out.

4. Name three unexpected items one would find in your studio.
1. A picture of a baby monkey clinging to a fake mother monkey made of wire with a milk bottle attached to it
2. Corn cob holders
3. Slides of the moon

5. What is your least favorite famous work of art?
Anything from Matthew Barney

6. What art do you have hanging on your walls?
Not my art - mostly taxidermy - and vintage paintings of landscapes and portraits purchased at estate sales

7. What are you working on now?
I am currently experimenting with putting Hummel sculptures in clay.

8. What will the title of your retrospective at MOMA be?
Posthumous


Thanks Pamela!
For more on Alternative Futures, now exhibiting Pamela's work visit HERE
For more on Pamela Valfer visit HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment