Sunday, March 13, 2011
One of the participating artists will receive a $500 award in acknowledgment of outstanding artistic achievement. For a little inspiration below is last years exhibition, and follow this LINK to hear a review of last year's show on MPR's Art Hounds.
Last year's participating artists were Lydia Bickal, Jane Gardner, Sarah Purgett, Anna Renken, Violeta Rotstein, Jack Schneider, Katherina Vang and Madison Van Holmes. All amazing artists, apply now to be counted among the artists in SooFUZE 2011!
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Here is an insightful look into the mind of Casey Opstad, one of the participating artists in Masters of the Universe on exhibit through March 27th. He really is a sweetheart when you get to know him.
1. What is your first art related childhood memory?
Every year for Christmas I got a set of #2 pencils and drawing pad. It was my favorite present. I would usually draw log cabins and design my dream homes. Looking back I realize that this was normal and common experience for children and I am in no way special.
2. As an artist, who is your biggest influence?
3. What did you listen to in the studio while creating this show?
The Walkmen & Animal Collective
4. Name three unexpected items one would find in your studio.
Switchblade/five thousand dollars in cash/the head of Alfredo Gonzalez
5. What is your least favorite famous work of art?
Tracey Emin's "My Bed"
6. What art do you have hanging on your walls?
I personal like to keep my walls blank. If I put anything up its mainly porno.
7. What are you working on now?
Poppin’ off, getting sprung and getting paid.
8. What will the title of your retrospective at MOMA be?
The Biggest Knife
Follow this link for more work by Casey Opstad.
Follow this link for more information on Masters of the Universe.